Do-It-Yourself Wills and Living Trusts? Think Twice!
At Slaton Schauer Law Firm, we hear the question all the time: “Can’t I just grab a will or a living trust off the internet, do a transfer-on-death deed for my land, and put my kids on my bank account, and be done with my estate plan?”
The short answer is, it’s just not a good idea. For your plan to work as you want it to, it should account for plenty of complications.
Download our FREE Will and Living Trust Guide to understand better the pitfalls of do-it-yourself estate planning documents.
In this guide, we will address:
- The dangers of a do-it-yourself will and living trust
- What a will and living trust ensure
- The issues of do-it-yourself kits
- What do-it-yourself planning misses
- Why you need a will or trust
- The value of working with an attorney to protect your assets with an estate plan